Alexandria Opera House
Client: The Ministry of Culture
Location: Alexandria, Egypt.
Duration: 15 months
HAC construction undertook the complete rehabilitation and restoration of the existing Alexandria Opera House structure, along with fit out works and the addition of new Electro-Mechanical Systems
• Constructed in 1918 during the reign of Sultan Fuad I as “Mohamed Ali Theatre”.
• In 1962, renamed “Sayed Darwish Theatre” in honor of Egypt’s famous singer and composer
Scope of Work:
All Structure support works related to the foundations, columns, and walls
Fine restoration works:
• Painting, gypsum, wood, marble, stone, and metals
• HVAC works
• Fire Fighting and Fire Alarm Works
• Electrical Systems
• Theatre Systems and Controls