National Museum of Egyptian Civilization (NMEC)
Client: Ministry of Culture - The Supreme Council of Antiquities – The Salvage Fund of Nubian Monuments
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Duration: 2006 - 2010
Hassan Allam Construction has completed construction of the National Museum of Civilization, the largest existing museum in Egypt today. In 2004, the company won the contract to build the main museum building - a structure covering 100,000 m2 of built up area and garages - with final delivery taking place at the end of 2010.
This national construction project is part of a large cultural development project in Cairo aimed at developing the Ain el Seera area into a cultural and touristic hub. It is a good example of the types of nationally significant, even iconic building projects that Hassan Allam Construction specializes in delivering.
• Largest Museum in Egypt.
• Located in heart of Cairo.
• Expected to attract thousands of tourists annually.
Scope of work:
• Turnkey solution-civil, architectural, electrical, and mechanical works.
• Total Built-up area is 100,000 Square Meters.
• Exhibition Building and the Reception Building.